Purchase Symphonic Encounters
- Groups may choose to pay the full balance at the time of purchase or a non-refundable 10% deposit in order to secure space at your preferred concert. Best-available seating is then assigned to groups in order of receipt of full payment; once the full balance is received (deadline of three weeks in advance of the performance), your group will be assigned seating.
- The maximum number of tickets available for purchase online for Symphonic Encounters events is 400. If you would like to purchase more than 400 tickets, please place an order online, and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add more tickets to your order. In your message, please specify the TOTAL number of adult and student tickets required. This will ensure your whole group will be seated together.
- Please disregard the seat numbers displayed in your cart when you check out. Seating for Symphonic Encounters rehearsals will be assigned approximately two weeks prior to the concert. Seating is assigned in the order of full payment.
- To complete and mail in a form instead, please download the order form and follow the mailing instructions on the form.
- Purchase with Confidence: We have a No Fee/No Questions Asked refund policy in place this season. Cancellations received at least 2 weeks prior to performances are fully refundable. Unless ordered by public health, cancellations received within 2 weeks of the performance are subject to a 10% fee. Should restrictions limit attendance, we will do our best to find comparable dates and seats or transfer your tickets to the 22/23 season.
- “By registering for an online or in-person performance, I understand that photography or/and webcam footage and/or voice recording may be used in VSO promotions and/or advertising in all media. Please contact Education@vancouversymphony.ca with any concerns about our Photography and Video Policy.”
Online Purchase Form
Once you complete this form, links to purchase your desired concert will appear.
Location: Orpheum Theatre, corner of Smithe Street and Seymour Street in downtown Vancouver.
How To Reserve Your Seats
Orders secured by a deposit of 10% or paid in full will be accepted in early September. Balance payments are due three weeks in advance of the performance.
Online: Complete the online seat order form on this page.
Mail: Complete this form and mail with 10% deposit or full payment to the address indicated below. Telephone reservations cannot be accepted.
Seat Prices: All tickets are $10.00 (including GST). Parents attending with a school group must be booked through the school. Deposits and ticket fees are fully refundable and transferable until 2 weeks before the performance. Unless ordered by public health, cancellations made within 2 weeks of the performance are subject to a 10% fee.
For information about the ArtStarts Cherniavsky’s Mr. Music Fund grants to schools to assist in purchasing student open rehearsal tickets, visit https://artstarts.com/cherniavsky
Each rehearsal begins promptly at the time indicated. Doors open 45 minutes prior to the start time and we request that everyone be seated inside the theatre 10 minutes prior to the start time. Latecomers will not be seated until an appropriate break in the rehearsal. Rehearsals run during the times indicated, with a 20 minute rehearsal break. Opportunities to Meet a Musician or take an Orpheum Tour may be offered depending on safety guidelines. Ticket holders will be notified of these opportunities in advance of the rehearsal date.