Stradivarius Legacy Circle
Let music be your Legacy. By giving even a small portion of your estate to the VSO, you can have a significant impact on the orchestra’s future, and still support and provide for those you love.
Legacy gifts help build the VSO’s endowment fund held at the Vancouver Symphony Foundation. This fund—invested in perpetuity and stewarded to return a stable annual income for the orchestra—provides invaluable support for the musicians and musical endeavours undertaken by the VSO each year.
Gifts received into the endowment fund also qualify for matching funds from the federal government’s endowment incentive program through Department of Canadian Heritage.
Your decision will:
- Help retain and attract the highest quality musicians and leadership to our community
- Provide long-term stable funds to facilitate advanced planning and new initiatives
- Support inspiring music education and community engagement programs, ensuring accessibility for all
Once you have discussed your intentions with your loved ones, a legacy gift may include:
- A bequest in your will
- A charitable gift annuity
- A charitable remainder trust
- Gifts of securities
- Gifts of real estate
- RRSP/ RRIF /TFSA
- A life insurance policy
Please click here for sample bequest clauses.
A gift to charity can also be tax-efficient and minimize taxes owed on your estate.
We encourage you to seek your own counsel from legal and financial advisors to decide what is best for you.
Your commitment to a Legacy Gift provides you membership in the Stradivarius Legacy Circle
Membership in the Stradivarius Legacy Circle will provide recognition to individuals in their lifetime. It is our way of saying thank you in your lifetime for your generosity and concern for the orchestra’s long-term success.
- Listing on the Donor Wall in the Orpheum Theatre
- Listing in our concert program
- An invitation to an annual Recognition Event
- Access to VIP ticketing services
To join the Stradivarius Legacy Circle or for more information, please contact:
Vancouver Symphony Foundation
500-833 Seymour Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 0G4