More Ways to Give
MONTHLY GIVING CIRCLE
A monthly gift is easy, convenient and automatically renews your support each year. Join us and start your monthly gift today!
Monthly giving is…
- Convenient – Sign up once with your credit card or bank account information and we’ll take care of the rest. You will receive one annual tax receipt each January and you can make changes at any time.
- Affordable – Smaller monthly donations can be more manageable for you! A gift of $10 a month is less than 35 cents per day – but it adds up to $120 a year that will go towards providing amazing performances and education programs.
- Rewarding – Your monthly gift makes you a Friend of the Vancouver Symphony or member of the VSO Patrons’ Circle and entitles you to exclusive events, discounts, the latest VSO news and more.
- Effective – Monthly donations help reduce our administrative costs so your gift can have a greater impact. And, it means predictable and reliable funding for long-term plans that benefit our community.
The VSO’s Monthly Giving Circle is an easy way to ensure the future success of the orchestra we all love, 365 days a year.
Your support will keep great music alive! Join the Monthly Giving Circle today.
TRIBUTE GIVING & GIFT MEMBERSHIPS
A donation to the VSO in memory of a loved one, or to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or any special occasion is a meaningful way to recognize someone’s passion for fine music. Friends and family will delight in knowing that a donation made to the VSO in their honour will help support the music they love.
You can also gift a Friends of the VSO membership (for donations of $100 or more). The recipient will receive 12 months of special behind-the-scenes privileges including invitations to events, discounts and presale offers, subscription to our Fanfare newsletter and more.
For gift memberships or more information, please contact:
Lauren Watson, Manager, Annual Giving &Stewardship
604.684.9100 ext. 239
STOCKS & SECURITIES
Your gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds, flow-through shares or stock options provides you with a tax benefit and can be a significant source of support for the VSO.
By donating publicly traded securities, you eliminate the capital gains tax that becomes payable if you were to sell the appreciated securities on the market and the VSO benefits from the proceeds of that sale.
How to make a gift of stocks or securities:
- Determine with your financial advisor which investments will make the most philanthropic and financial impact.
- Contact us and let us know you have made your gift.
- Instruct your broker to transfer your securities directly to the Vancouver Symphony Society and complete the appropriate transfer form.
EMPLOYER MATCHING GIFTS
Did you know? Many companies match donations made by employees to eligible charitable organizations with their own gifts.
You can easily double the impact of your support with the help of your employer! And the process usually takes only a few minutes of paperwork or even a quick online submission form.
To find out if your company will match your donation to the VSO, please contact your employer’s HR or community giving department.
DONATE YOUR CAR
Donate a Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for the VSO. Free towing is provided in most areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to Vancouver Symphony Orchestra through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction (depending on its condition, age and location). Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for Vancouver Symphony Society to benefit. After your vehicle donation is complete, our charity will send you a tax receipt and will put your gift to good use. Please click here to donate a vehicle.