There are so many ways to support the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
MONTHLY GIVING CIRCLE
A monthly gift is easy, convenient and automatically renews your support each year. Join us and start your monthly gift today!
Monthly giving is…
- Convenient – Sign up once with your credit card or bank account information and we’ll take care of the rest. You will receive one annual tax receipt each January and you can make changes at any time.
- Affordable – Smaller monthly donations can be more manageable for you! A gift of $10 a month is less than 35 cents per day – but it adds up to $120 a year that will go towards providing amazing performances and education programs.
- Rewarding – Your monthly gift makes you a Friend of the Vancouver Symphony or member of the VSO Patrons’ Circle and entitles you to exclusive events, discounts, the latest VSO news and more.
- Effective – Monthly donations help reduce our administrative costs so your gift can have a greater impact. And, it means predictable and reliable funding for long-term plans that benefit our community.
The VSO’s Monthly Giving Circle is an easy way to ensure the future success of the orchestra we all love, 365 days a year.
Your support will keep great music alive! Join the Monthly Giving Circle today.
You can start a monthly gift online or by mail with this donation form.
A donation to the VSO in memory of a loved one, or to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or any special occasion is a meaningful way to recognize someone’s passion for fine music.
A personal card will be sent on your behalf as notification of your thoughtful gift and you will receive a tax creditable receipt.
You can make a Tribute Gift online, or by contacting Lauren Watson, Manager, Annual Giving at 604.684.9100 ext. 239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends and family will delight in knowing that a donation made to the VSO in their honour will help support the music they love.
AND, they’ll receive a Friends of the VSO gift membership (for donations of $100 or more) with 12 months of special behind-the-scenes privileges like invitations to events, discounts, subscription to our Fanfare newsletter and more.
To give a Gift Membership, please contact Lauren Watson, Manager, Annual Giving at 604.684.9100 ext. 239 or email email@example.com.
STOCKS & SECURITIES
Your gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds, flow-through shares or stock options provides you with a tax benefit and can be a significant source of support for the VSO.
By donating publicly traded securities, you eliminate the capital gains tax that becomes payable if you were to sell the appreciated securities on the market and the VSO benefits from the proceeds of that sale.
How to make a gift of stocks or securities:
- Determine with your financial advisor which investments will make the most philanthropic and financial impact.
- Contact us and let us know you have made your gift.
- Instruct your broker to transfer your securities directly to the Vancouver Symphony Society and complete the appropriate transfer form.
EMPLOYER MATCHING GIFTS
Did you know? Many companies match donations made by employees to eligible charitable organizations with their own gifts.
You can easily double the impact of your support with the help of your employer! And the process usually takes only a few minutes of paperwork or even a quick online submission form.
To find out if your company will match your donation to the VSO, please contact your employer’s HR or community giving department.