Stradivarius Legacy Circle
How Your Gift Makes a Difference
Let music be your legacy. Legacy gifts help build the VSO’s endowment fund held at the Vancouver Symphony Foundation. This fund—invested in perpetuity and stewarded to return a stable annual income for the orchestra—provides invaluable support for the musicians and musical endeavours undertaken by the VSO each year.
Gifts received into the endowment fund also qualify for matching funds from the federal government’s endowment incentive program.
Your decision will:
- Help retain and attract the highest quality musicians and leadership to our community
- Provide long-term stable funds to facilitate advanced planning and new initiatives
- Support inspiring music education and community engagement programs, ensuring accessibility for all
Ways to Leave Your Legacy
1. Leave a gift to the Vancouver Symphony Foundation in your will
Will writing doesn’t have to be complicated or overwhelming, and helps your loved ones ensure your wishes are followed.
We have partnered with Willfora, a free Canadian resource to help make creating or updating a Will easier than ever. Willfora allows you to create a legal Will online in 20-minutes or less, at no cost to you.
This confidential, secure Will-writing platform makes it simple to create or update your Will from home and gives you the option to support causes that are important to you. This way, you can take care of those you love while also ensuring symphonic music is accessible to all for generations to come.
Sample bequest language to include in a will
2. Donate life insurance to the Vancouver Symphony Foundation
Gifts of life insurance can be an extremely effective giving method. Life insurance policies are not subject to taxes or probate costs and can have a substantial impact through relatively small monthly or annual payments. Premium payments are also eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
Three Ways to donate a policy
- Take out a new policy in the name of Vancouver Symphony Foundation
- Name Vancouver Symphony Foundation as the beneficiary of an existing policy
- Transfer ownership of an existing policy to Vancouver Symphony Foundation
3. Donate an investment fund
By naming Vancouver Symphony Foundation as the beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF or Pension, your gift will help offset the tax that your estate would otherwise pay on these assets. Be sure to discuss this option with your financial advisor or lawyer to determine if it’s right for you.
If you would like to inform us of a planned gift or have questions, please contact:
Senior Director, Annual & Legacy Giving
604.684.9100 ext. 249
Vancouver Symphony Foundation
500-833 Seymour Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 0G4