VSO Relaxed PerformanceSupported by iA Financial Group
Relaxed Performance supported by
What is a Relaxed Performance?
Relaxed Performances are aimed at increasing accessibility to symphonic music. This casual, one-hour, sensory-friendly performance welcomes children and families, all neurodivergent community members, and those who simply want a more relaxed performance experience. You may want to check out our Venue Guide in advance of the performance for more information.
Elements of a “Relaxed Performance”
- Movement and noise are welcome. Enjoy the concert as it fits your needs!
- There will be a more limited capacity than usual to allow for empty rows towards the back of the auditorium for those that would like to move around throughout the concert.
- House lights will be only slightly dimmed, allowing for comfort and a more informal environment.
- A separate relaxed space in the lobby is available if you need to step out of the concert hall.
- A limited number of ear plugs are available on-site and can be requested in the lobby. Please feel free to bring your own ear coverings or sensory devices.
Star Wars for Kids
Sean O’Loughlin, Conductor
Travel to a galaxy far far away with the VSO! Introduce kids to the legendary music of John Williams, and other intergalactic composers, and experience firsthand how music can make young minds soar. It’s sure to be a stellar afternoon for all!
ASL interpreter is available upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Sunday’s Star Wars for Kids Relaxed Perofrmance at 4pm is cancelled. The Kids Concert at 2pm will proceed as scheduled. Ticket holders will be contacted by phone and email with refund or exchange options. Please contact us at 604.876.3434 or email@example.com for any questions. We apologize for the inconvenience and are committed to delivering future relaxed performances to our community.